The social networking sites are in unending numbers and trying to choose the worthwhile for your business may be an intimidating task.
If you are an entrepreneur or owner of any small business, then you are sure to find any one of these social networking sites suitable for you. However, LinkedIn, created in 2003, is a social network that any small business owner or entrepreneur should join.
The goal for joining LinkedIn for any business person is not to swap stories or add friends and pictures, but to make more business connections.
A marketing strategy of LinkedIn may appear tricky as it follows a set of rules. Majority small business owners fail to realize the importance of LinkedIn marketing, lack resources and so fail to budget adequately for marketing activities.
LinkedIn has stirred the market in the recent years that small businesses cannot keep away from such valid reasons:
- The basic reason is marketing with LinkedIn is free or relatively low cost.
- LinkedIn marketing strategy once in place, does not consume time to update pages.
- Small businesses have the facility of B2B and network via personal connections.
- LinkedIn uses the international audience as a marketing tool and helps reaching in large.
- The profile is very attractive and focuses on building the Trust factor, knowing and liking, not on products or services selling.
Search Linkedin for your clients name and add yourself as a connection, then prolifically ask for referrals. Give few weeks so that your request is responded to be connected. You can also send email and try to get connected. Send a referral request with a brief introduction.
Get started with marketing with LinkedIn.